Status: Part-time; 60-80 hours per pay period
Minimum hours of position per pay period is 60 hours; Flex to 80 hours per pay period depending upon the needs of the department.
Shift: Days; Monday, Wednesday, Friday-varies on the needs of the department
The Exercise Physiologist delivers quality patient care by utilizing advance Exercise Science clinical skills and knowledge for the cardiac rehabilitation patient population. The exercise physiologist plans, implements and evaluates individualized treatment plans to effectively manage the progress of each patient.
- Utilizes all aspects of Advance Exercise Science with appropriate skills to effectively collaborate in the individualized treatment plan for each patient
- Plans, implements and supervises exercise prescription and progression under the supervision of the Medical Director/Rehabilitation Director for the Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab following discipline specific guidelines.
- Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Supervises exercise session, monitoring participants for appropriate response to exercise
- Assesses participants before, during and after exercise; making appropriate referrals and/or recommendations to the participant, other staff, and medical Director
- Reports any significant participant conditions (dysrhythmias, abnormal blood pressure responses, change in status, activity intolerance, etc.) to the attending physician
- Develops implements & manages participant orientation, education, exercise, risk factor modification and counseling. Leads education sessions
- Participates in the Growth and Expansion of the BGH Cardiac Rehab program, through demonstrating visionary, pro-active and assertive self-directed activities as they relate to the development of new services and marketing of same
- Creates an environment of healing and caring for patients, families, and one another
- Provide prompt care to patient requests with empathy and genuine interest
- Identify safety concerns and implement necessary safety protocols
- Effective response to crisis situations
- Maintains necessary credentialing and certifications
- Checks emergency supplies and equipment for proper function and adequate supply according to hospital policy
- Communicates to the community a model of cardiovascular health with increasing awareness of prevention and treatment of heart disease
- Participates in providing continuing education regarding cardiac rehabilitation
- Develop and monitor measurable patient outcomes
Attention to detail; ability to read, write legibly and comprehend the written and spoken word in English; basic computer literacy and ability to effectively learn new software programs required; ICU/CCU and cardiac rehabilitation knowledge base; advanced understanding of cardiac rhythms; general knowledge of 12 lead EKG’s; rhythm analysis; and critical thinking skills
Graduate of an accredited Exercise Physiologist program
Two (2) years recent and relevant experience in coronary care, and recent and relevant training in cardiac rehabilitation
Exercise Physiology Certification Preferred; Current BLS certification
Physical Demands of position are listed in job description
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)