Two Positions Available:
Status: Full-time, 80 hours per pay period
Shift: Monday-Friday, ten hour shifts; rotating night and weekend call
Position Summary: The Surgical Technologist is a qualified scrub technologist who is directly responsible to the Director of Surgical Services, Clinical Supervisor, Charge RN or the Perioperative RN.
- Accepts direction in work environment under varied routine, critical, and/or emergency situations
- Responsible for clinical patient care given by self
- Responsible for staff development and teaching of scrub personnel
- Responsible for maintaining a sense of positive commitment and service in the workplace
- Performs pre-operative procedures such as selection and placement of surgical instruments, supplies and equipment. Participates in room set-up and cleaning
- Scrubs and assists surgical team in donning gowns and gloves
- Provides instruments, sutures and other sterile supplies during operative procedures
- Performs sponge, sharps and instrument counts appropriately
- Assists in decontamination and sterilization of equipment and instruments (Sterile Processing Unit/SPU)
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate and receive constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships with all staff members
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding knowledge of all patient information (HIPAA), staff and hospital confidential business
- BGH maintains the right to establish work schedules and to be assured of employee’s attendance when scheduled. Maintaining regular attendance and punctuality is a required Essential Function of this position.
- Age(s) of patient served and age-specific technology
- All Age Groups Birth and above
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in the English language
- Basic computer literacy and ability to effectively learn new software programs required
Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technologists
Current BLS (AHA) certification
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as an operating room Surgical Tech preferred
Moderate mathematical computations required
Effective communication skills needed
Must be able to maintain privacy of confidential information
Must be able to organize, prioritize tasks, schedules, messages, etc. with persistence, tact, and patience
Must be able to function independently as well as a team member
Must be mentally alert and possess problem-solving abilities
Certified Surgical Technologist required; or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
Physical Demands of the position are listed in the job description
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)