Status: Part-time-60 hours per pay period
Shift: Varies; Monday – Friday; Actual days worked and hours will vary: Includes rotating weekday and weekend call responsibilities.
The SDS/PACU Staff RN is a qualified licensed professional nurse who renders professional care to patients within the Surgical Services Department and is directly responsible to the Surgical Services Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation
- Demonstrates knowledge, technical skills and compliance with hospital policy and procedure in provision of patient care and performance of procedures in PACU and SDS
- Provides safe and comprehensive nursing care in accordance with state and federal regulations, hospital policy and procedure, and DNV standards
- Demonstrates proficiency in medication and intravenous therapy
- Demonstrates understanding and utilization of standard precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Accepts responsibility under varied routine, critical, and/or emergency situations for patient care provided in PACU and SDS
- Adheres to the Bonner General Health Standards of Behavior
- Participates in staff development and teaching of personnel
- Cooperates with flexible schedule; is reliable and accountable on scheduled workdays
- Participates in PACU call rotation
- Attends a minimum of 50% of the department’s staff meetings
- Obtains a minimum of 8 hours/year of continuing education, including mandatory in-services
- Additional Essential Functions as outlined in the Job Description
- Successfully completes SDS/PACU orientation program; moderate mathematical computations required; demonstrates effective communication skills; ability to organize, prioritize tasks, schedules, messages, etc., with persistence, tact and patience; able to function independently, as well as, a team member; must be mentally alert and possess problem solving abilities; demonstrates necessary traits of: reliability, thoroughness, precision and flexibility; functions with minimum supervision, willing to edit and revise any errors
Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program, BSN preferred
Minimum of one (1) year experience as an RN required; recent experience in peri-anesthesia, perioperative and/or ICU nursing is strongly preferred
Current Idaho RN license in good standing, current BLS (AHA) certification; PALS, ACLS and Procedural Sedation competency preferred and required within six (6) months of employment; CAPA or CPAN preferred
Physical Demands of position are listed in job description
Nurse Manager - Surgical Services and SDS/PACU Clinical Supervisor or Charge RN
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)