Shift: M-F, 8am-4:30:pm
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for examining, evaluating and testing individuals with mechanical, physiological and developmental impairments, functional limitations, and disability or other health and movement related conditions in order to determine a diagnosis for physical therapy and prognosis for physical therapy, plan of therapeutic intervention, and to assess the ongoing effects of intervention. The physical therapist assists in alleviating impairments and functional limitations by designing, implementing and modifying therapeutic interventions.
- Administers treatments that include, but are not limited to: therapeutic exercise; functional mobility training in self-care and in-home, community or work reintegration; manual therapy; assistive, adaptive, protective and supportive devices and equipment; bronchopulmonary hygiene; debridement and wound care; physical agents or modalities; mechanical and electrotherapeutic modalities; and patient related instruction; and to reduce the risk of injury, impairment, functional limitation, and disability, including the promotion and maintenance of fitness, health, and quality of life in all age populations
- Completes patient/client evaluations and develops a plan of care appropriate for that individual patient/client and includes the patient/client and family in the development of the patient/client goals
- Carries out Physician’s Plan of Treatment and reports changes as necessary
- Demonstrates the ability to observe, record, and report needs, concerns and coordinate the needs of home care patients and maintain constructive relationships with them, and with all care providers
- Completes documentation according to departmental policies and procedures, timely and accurately, to assure excellence in continuity of patient care, meet regulatory requirements and assure payment for services rendered
- Demonstrates proficiency in completion of Oasis assessments according to Medicare guidelines and reviews agency Oasis assessments for accuracy as requested
- Fosters collaboration with the Physical therapy assist and/or support personnel to achieve optimal patient/client care to enhance the overall delivery of physical therapy services
- Additional Essential Functions as outlined in the job description
SKILLS: Ability to read, write legibly and comprehend the written and spoken word in English; basic computer literacy and ability to effectively learn new software programs required; ability to work with a variety of physical disabilities – strong background in inpatient, outpatient , home health and pediatrics preferred; documented competency in home care nursing skills; demonstrates ability to drive in inclement weather
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree or Certificate of Physical Therapy
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year Physical Therapy experience required
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: License and registration – state of Idaho; valid driver’s license; Current BLS (AHA) certification
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Personal vehicle for on-the-job transportation; Provide proof of liability insurance on personal vehicle; Must be able to successfully pass a driver’s license record background check (DLR); Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a fingerprint-based criminal history background check through the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical Demands of position are listed in job description
SUPERVISED BY: Home Health / Hospice Manager, Home Health Clinical Supervisor
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)