STATUS: Full-time; Monday-Friday; 80 hours per pay period
POSITION SUMMARY: Management position requires that the individual functions primarily as a full-time manager, supervising staff, developing and maintaining interdepartmental relationships, establishing and maintaining positive physician relationships for the best patient care. Participates in Hospital-wide management activities and supports the mission, vision and values of Bonner General Health as well as all other policies. Will cooperate with the Hospital Administration in fulfilling objectives and in support of the management of the facility. This position holds full responsibility for quality and quantity of work, test procedures, personnel and financial aspects of the laboratory.
- Perform all responsibilities delegated by the Laboratory Medical Director
- Uses sound judgment in planning work, interpreting results, problem-solving and taking or recommending action
- Develops, implements and ensures compliance with hospital and laboratory policies and procedures
- Ensures support of the hospital and laboratory compliance plans
- Maintains optimal cost-effective delivery of services with accuracy, validity and reliability
- Determines and maintains a qualified, adequate and effective staff
- Personally provides coverage for Medical Technologist as necessary. Must have and retain current bench skills to serve as relief in at least one department of the laboratory
- Formulates goals and/or recommends policy, assigns objectives, and establishes standards of practice
- Timely completion of performance evaluations, competencies and other personnel functions
- Represents the laboratory in interactions with other departments and members of the health care team
- Establishes and maintains a professional relationship with patients and an effective working relationship with other health care professionals
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships with all staff member
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred, Must have completed a training program in an accredited school of Medical Technology, Must be able to communicate using the English language, Computer literacy and keyboard competency
- Experience: Should have a minimum of six years’ experience in Medical Technology with at least five years in a supervisory position, Must have current knowledge and proficiency in at least one area of clinical testing areas provided by Bonner General Health and be able to function as a relief Medical Technologist
- License: Must be registered as a Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent, Current BLS (AHA) certification
- Supervisory: Yes
- Supervised By: Chief Executive Officer
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)