Status: Part-time, flex. 40-80 hrs per pay period.
Shift: Varies on the need of the department
POSITION SUMMARY: The CT Technologist is a registered professional primarily specializing in the utilization of CT equipment as necessary and performs CT examinations under the direction of a Radiologist.
- Responsible for understanding and executing all aspects of running the CT scanner to include protocol and software capabilities
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of cross sectional anatomy
- Implements an appropriate plan of care for each individual CT patient
- Adequately explains the examination to the patient including that the report will be available within 24 hours
- Responsible for delivering direct patient care and evaluation during CT procedures
- Uses appropriate ALARA techniques to ensure patient safety
- Practices aseptic techniques as necessary
- Administers IV techniques for CT procedures requiring contrast media
- Provides on-call responsibilities for CT and X-Ray
- Demonstrate a professional working knowledge of all department equipment including PACS, Meditech 6 Electronic Medical Record (EMR), computer systems and phones
- Responsible for ensuring 100% accuracy when inputting exams, patient data, account numbers and physician orders into the EMR
- Responsible for professional working knowledge of QA/QC for ACR accredited facilities
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding knowledge of all patient information (HIPAA), staff and hospital confidential business
- Will provide X-ray coverage for department as needed
Skills: Ability to read, write legibly and comprehend the written and spoken word in English, Basic computer literacy and ability to effectively learn new software programs required, Working knowledge of medical terminology as it relates to radiology
Education: High school graduate or equivalent, Completion of formal radiological technologist training in an AMA approved school and registered by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT)
Experience: Two (2) years radiology/CT experience preferred
Licensure: Must be A.R.R.T. registered, CT registered preferred, Current BLS (AHA) certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical Demands of position are listed in job description
Supervised by: Diagnostic Imaging Director
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)