Department: Nursing Services
Status: Full Time; 72 hours per pay period
Shift: Nights; 6:00 pm – 06:00 am; actual days worked to be determined
Under administrative direction, assumes responsibility for supervision of hospital services and patient care for a specific period of time. The Hospital Supervisor holds responsibility for translating administrative concepts and goals into concrete activities.
- Provides leadership and direction to nursing and house wide personnel that is supportive of administration and management in harmony with organizational and departmental goals and objectives
- Supports and interprets administrative decisions to staff
- Supports and maintains operational objectives at the patient care level
- In the absence of Nurse Managers and other department heads, coordinates and manages the activities of Bonner General Health in order to provide quality patient care
- Reports to Nurse Managers and other department heads on educational, disciplinary, and quality care needs to bridge the shifts of 3-11 and 11-7 with 7-3 on weekends/holidays
- Contributes to Nursing and BGH through support of its philosophy, objectives, and educational efforts
- Serves as a clinical resource person in assisting nursing personnel to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care
- May provide direct care to patients and assist with care in other nursing areas
- Plans, supervises, and coordinates patient care activities for all nursing departments on behalf of the Nurse Managers and CNO
- Actively participates as a cooperative member of the leadership team in development of mutual goals and objectives in problem solving and in development of policy and procedure
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding knowledge of all patient information (HIPAA), confidential staff and hospital business
- Additional Essential Functions as outlined in the Job Description
- Basic computer literacy and ability to effectively learn new software programs required; Competency in an area of acute care; Satisfactory performance appraisal in all essential functions; Ability to read/write legibly, communicate/comprehend the written and spoken word in English; Effective communication skills required; Must be able to organize, prioritize tasks, schedules, messages, etc., with persistence, tact, and patience; Must be able to function independently as well as a team member; Must be mentally alert and possess critical thinking and problem solving abilities; Demonstrates leadership abilities with a knowledge of administrative policy and skills
Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program, BSN preferred; Continuing education programs in past year preferred
Minimum three (3) years’ experience as charge nurse, supervisor or manager in an acute care setting; Management experience or documented background of management principal and theory preferred
Maintain current RN license in the State of Idaho; Maintains current CPR, ACLS, PALS, and Procedural Sedation Certifications required; NRP and TNCC preferred
As outlined in the Job Description
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)