DEPARTMENT: Bonner General Immediate Care
STATUS: Part-time, flex; 56-80 hours per pay period
Minimum hours of position per pay period are 56hours; Flex to 80 hours per pay period to cover planned vacations or long term absences which will be included in work schedule a minimum of two weeks in advance when possible.
SHIFT: Days and Evenings: Monday- Tuesday, Every Other Weekend
POSITION SUMMARY: This position performs the general clerical functions in a medical office facility.
- Reception of patients and visitors with an emphasis on positive customer service
- Accepts patients in order of appointments, except STAT cases
- Responsible for scheduling, telephone reception, filing and basic clerical support for patient charts
- Assists patient in understanding insurance benefits, explains policies regarding deposits, billing and credit
- Accepts payments and advises patients on payment of account
- Performs clerical duties accurately and timely
- Performs basic bookkeeping tasks for banking, including deposits
- May be responsible for ordering supplies and maintaining an adequate inventory
- Must demonstrate ability to tactfully handle difficult situations with patient, families and physicians; excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must portray a positive, courteous and professional manner to patients, families, visitors, co-workers and physicians
- Ability to remain calm and professional and focused on performing multiple tasks with many interruptions in a high stress, fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and have ability to work well in a high stressed, fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate safe and efficient use of all departmental equipment
- Must be willing to perform other duties as needed and take initiative in new tasks
- Must be punctual and in regular attendance
- Must be flexible with the willingness to work different shifts, rotations and call-in
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding knowledge of all patient information (HIPAA), confidential staff and hospital business
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships with all staff members
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two year clerical/medical office experience preferred
SKILLS: Accurate typing of 45 wpm, basic computer literacy, ability to effectively learn new software programs required, ten-key by touch, medical terminology, ability to read, write legibly and speak clearly using the English language
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical Demands of position are listed in job description
SUPERVISED BY: Practice Manager
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)