Status: Part-time; Flex, 48-60 hours per pay period
Flex-Minimum hours of position per pay period are 48 hours; Flex to 60 hours per pay period to cover planned vacations or long term absences which will be included in work schedule a minimum of two weeks in advance when possible.
Shift: Nights and weekends; 6:45 pm to 7:15 am. First week: Friday, Saturday; Second week: Sunday, Monday
POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning prioritizing, organizing, administering, and evaluating patient care for a group of patients in the Medical Surgical and OB departments.
- Responsible to perform within the rules and regulations of Idaho State Board of Nursing
- Observe strict ethical guidelines in regard to confidentiality
- Provide prompt care to patient requests with empathy and genuine interest
- Identify safety concerns and implement necessary safety protocols
- Effective response to crisis situations
- Initiate, develop and document patient plan of care according to timeframes established in the Medical Surgical and FMCU Department policies
- Assessment skills and techniques to assess the Medical Surgical and perinatal/neonatal patients
- Delegates care to team members based on complexity; staff education and competency; State Regulations; BGH policy and procedures and DNV standards
- Maintain established BGH policies and procedures and protocols in nursing department worked
- Supports the philosophy, objectives, and goals of the nursing departments and hospital
- Willingness to participate in continuing education to meet own professional development needs
- Maintains necessary credentialing (see Job Specifications)
- Provides safe and comprehensive nursing care according to state regulations, hospital policy and procedure and DNV standards
- Establish care priorities based on patient problems; notify physician promptly regarding concerns
- Must be proficient in medication administration, including IV therapy, as evidenced by lack of medication errors. Reports medication errors
- Perform procedures accurately, completely and safely according to established policy and procedure and physician orders
- Provide care with minimal supervision in a timely manner
- Additional Essential Functions as outline in the Job Description
SKILLS: Ability to read, write legibly and comprehend the written and spoken word in English; Basic computer literacy and ability to effectively learn new software programs required; Must demonstrate an understanding of post anesthesia care of the patient who has undergone a C-section birth
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program
EXPERIENCE: Minimum graduate nurse of accredited professional nursing program
LICENSE/CERTIFCATION: Current State of Idaho RN License; Current BLS certification; Preferred certifications: ACLS, STABLE, NRP, EFM or obtained within 6 months of hire
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical Demands of position are listed in job description
SUPERVISED BY: Nurse Manager; in absence of Nurse Manager, supervised by the Clinical or Hospital Supervisor
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)