Department: Medical Surgical
- An employee in an occasional status must be available to work as agreed upon for department coverage or unforeseen employee’s absences, scheduled vacations (time-off), or fluctuations in census which affects staffing. Their schedule is set forth by their Department Manager.
Shift: Hours will vary with the needs of the department
Performs nursing care services under the direction and supervision of licensed nurses. Complements the licensed nurse in the performance of nursing functions, but may not substitute for the licensed nurse. Will provide coordination of unit communications, transcribes medical information and physician orders, and performs clerical reception and support for the Medical / Surgical unit.
- Performs clerical duties, cardex, transcribes orders, maintains policy and procedure manuals, and order entry, enters charges
- Obtains and records temperature, pulse, respiration, B/P noninvasive and/or manual, accucheck, pulse oximeter readings, and weight as directed by the plan of care and reports abnormal results to LPN/RN staff
- Provides safe patient transfers, ambulation and transports for the patient
- Provides and records nutrition and fluid intake as directed and output including foley catheters
- Performs clerical functions - including ordering, stocking and inventory - restocks rooms
- Sets up and maintains medical records
- Follows emergency procedures as directed
- Provides nutrition and fluid intake as directed
- Follows basic infection control principles
- Clean rooms and patient care equipment
- Maintains a clean, safe and healthy environment in the patient's area
- Provides to the patient appropriate and safe personal hygiene and grooming
- Shows empathy, respect and concern for, and preservation of the dignity of all persons including family and visitors
- Acts as a receptionist for all visitor or personnel requiring information assistance per hospital policy - telephone and message services
- Builds positive rapport with manager, patients, patients' family members and co-workers
- Maintains familiarity with in-house phone system, paging, & patient call system
- Coordinates unit communications and information about current unit activities
SKILLS: Working knowledge of medical and technical terminology used in reports, transcription of orders, etc.; Able to carry out direction of Licensed Nurse; ability to note changes in conditions that should be reported; demonstrates ongoing interest in maintaining and increasing healthcare skills; displays commitment to working with Interdisciplinary Team members, other staff and volunteers; demonstrates maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job; type 45 WPM; ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent communications and tasks; ability to read, write legibly and communicate in English.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent; successful completion of a Certified Nurses Aide course
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years experience as clerk or receptionist in Medical setting; prior CNA experience preferred
LICENSURE REQUIRED: Current Certified Nurses Aide – State of Idaho; Current BLS certification
SUPERVISED BY: Medical/Surgical Unit Nurse Manager, Clinical Supervisor, Charge RN or Hospital Supervisor
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)