Department: Human Resources
STATUS: Full-time; 72-80 hours per pay period
SHIFT: Days; Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30 pm
The HR Assistant ensures the departments efficiency is provided through timely and accurate clerical support, along with positive customer service interactions consistent with BGH policies, procedures and Mission, Vision and Values Statement.
- Provides reception and delivery of excellent customer service skills when greeting all visitors and Bonner General Health staff
- Responsible for answering and routing incoming phone calls, filing, copying, scanning, faxing and provides basic clerical support for the Human Resource functions
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of personnel records, ensuring compliance with Federal, State and DNV requirements
- Responsible for daily filing of documents and maintaining the personnel files
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies and printed material for the department
- Responsible for monthly State New Hire reporting, etc
- Responsible for providing back up for employee recruitment. Responsibilities may include doing reference checks, scheduling interviews, preparing offer authorizations, and job postings
- May provide backup to the Education department for education database enrollments
- May work with HR Generalist on benefit enrollment
- May be assigned to present benefit program details to new employees and answer general benefit questions
- Responsible for obtaining Primary Source Verification on all required employee licenses and/or registrations
- Maintains database and runs reports for management related to employee performance evaluations and license renewals
- Coordinates the selection process for the Employee of the Month
- Responsible for making new employee badges and replacements
- Prepares new employee and benefit packets and keeps adequate copies of all benefit, employee and HR forms on hand
- Assists with designing, developing, and maintaining of Human Resources forms
- May assist with some payroll processes as assigned
- Effectively communicates with diverse populations, both verbally and in writing; responsible for establishing and maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships with all staff members
- Must be highly effective at problem solving techniques, and have an utmost regard for human decency, fair treatment and confidentiality
- Other essential functions as outlined in the job description
SKILLS: Accurate keyboarding of at least 45 wpm; Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Word and Excel; Requires strong internal and external customer service skills; Knowledge of employment laws and regulations, Highly effective time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; Attentive to details.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years of Human Resources or clerical office experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical Demands of position are listed in job description
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Human Resources Officer, day to day duties supervised by HR Generalist
Bonner General Health
Established in 1949, Bonner General Health (BGH) is a non-profit, critical access hospital, serving a community of approximately 57,000 in the scenic panhandle of Idaho. As a pillar of the community and one of the premier employers of the region, BGH has earned a reputation as the first choice for healthcare.
In addition to our 25 hospital beds, Bonner General Health offers a variety of healthcare support through our free-standing clinics and comprehensive services.
Serving our community by providing excellent healthcare close to home.
To be the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Compassion: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with sensitivity and empathy.
Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes possible and highest quality service through the dedicated effort of individual team members.
Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
Respect: Treat patients, family members, and colleagues with dignity.
The Inland Empire is a breathtaking region where you can enjoy skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, boating and many other recreational activities. Bonner General Health is located approximately 60 miles south of the Canadian border in the dynamic city of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Situated on the shores of scenic Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-o-ray), Sandpoint was recently judged by USA Today and Rand McNally, as the “Most Beautiful Town in the USA” and offers four seasons of outstanding recreation. Whether your preference is cultural exploration, being on the water, snow or in the mountains, you are sure to find just what your heart desires in Sandpoint.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Employment at Bonner General Health is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and criminal history background check. During the interview process all applicants will be asked to sign a release that allows the organization to request information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning history related to criminal, civil and driving violations. Bonner General Health is a tobacco free / fragrance free workplace. All new employees will meet with Occupational Health to review health history and immunizations. The influenza vaccination will be offered during flu season. Any employee who does not receive the vaccination will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the flu season.
If you need assistance while completing the online application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call 208-265-1044.
All Bonner General Health job postings are paid under the 40-hour overtime Wage and Hour Law.
BGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bonner General Health is an organization that participates in E-Verify. Information from each employee's I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, to confirm authorization to work in the United States.
Company Website: BonnerGeneral.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)